The Dominicans begin construction of the Santo Domingo convent in La Laguna.
Colonial PeriodTenerifeReligion

Historical Figures

The Dominican foundation dates to 1522. In 1527 the friars began building the convent at its present location, where the community remained until its nineteenth-century secularisation.

Sources

  • Ayuntamiento de San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Antiguo Convento de Santo Domingo de Guzmán[↗]
  • Ayuntamiento de San Cristóbal de La Laguna, La Laguna contrata la actualización del proyecto para finalizar la rehabilitación del convento de Santo Domingo (2023)[↗]